Rotary Retort Furnace
JRFURNACE Rotary retort furnaces are specifically designed for continuous production and uniform heat treating of small parts, such as coins, small hardware, nails, bearings, chain components, and fasteners, such as nuts, bolts, and screws.
The rotary retort furnace is designed to improve production and maintain the consistent heat treating and quench performance required in high-performance small parts like bearings and fasteners. It provides the process flexibility to be utilized for either single or multi-application production environments and in small or large batches. JRFURNACE customers are choosing Rotary Retort systems to save time and money in maintenance and operating costs when evaluating the total cost of ownership compared to traditional mesh belt or batch systems.
Rotary retort furnaces are used to process an exceptionally wide variety of small parts including screws, nuts, bolts, nails, washers and coins. The rotary retort furnace is particularly adaptable to controlled atmosphere hardening, carbonitriding, and carburizing operations in the range of 840 to 955˚C.
- Factory Built – All equipment is completely factory assembled, piped, wired and mechanically tested before shipment to minimize installation time and expense. Fast connection to utilities is assured.
- Hopper/Loader – The hopper/loader is designed to charge a predetermined load of parts into the furnace on each revolution of the retort. Parts stored in the hopper are automatically transferred into the load bucket upon its arrival at the bottom position of the elevator. The loaded basket is then elevated and the parts are automatically deposited into the furnace.
- Standard Equipment – Furnace lines are pre-engineered in standard sizes with rated capacities from 500 LB (225 KG) to 1,000 LB (450 KG). They can be manufactured, delivered and installed quickly. Custom engineered systems have been provided up to 4,000 LB (1,800 KG) per hour.
- Electric Design – The electrically heated design features bayonet heating elements that can easily be replaced from outside of the furnace.
- Gas Design – The gas fired design is equipped with centrifugally cast alloy radiant tubes and complete combustion system
- Retort – The cantilevered, one piece cast retort is supported at one end and sealed at the charge end of the furnace. There are no seals or bearings in hot areas or at the discharge end.
- Rotary Mechanism – Auger flights convey the parts smoothly and quietly through the furnace. Rotation of the retort has a wide range of speed adjustments to provide complete flexibility of time processing cycles.
- Atmosphere Tight – The retort is supported by a sealed bearing, and the quench is flange mounted to the furnace. Only the small load door opens momentarily with each rotation of the retort.
- Low Maintenance – No baskets or trays are required. The retort is the only moving part exposed to heat.
- Automation – Heat Treating is completely automatic after loading parts.
- No Pits – The system requires no pits or special foundations; it is designed for floor level installation.
- Superior Material Handling – The internal flights conveyance through the furnace retort, and the mechanism-free fluid-conveyance through the quench bath minimizes lost, mixed or damaged parts.
- Process –
Carbonitriding, Hardening, Carburizing.
- Materials –
Screws, Nuts, Bolts, Nails, Washers and coins.